French-Zambian relations are getting stronger and richer year after year:
- President CHIRAC is the first western Head of State to have received President MWANAWASA, on 8 February 2002, in his capacity of Chairperson of the Organisation of African Unity.
- Mr. Renaud MUSELIER, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs, made on January 23rd 2003 the first ever French ministerial visit to Zambia in 10 years.
- President MWANAWASA travelled to Paris for the Africa-France Summit in February 2003.
- Mr. Xavier DARCOS, Deputy Minister for Cooperation, Development and Francophony, came to Lusaka in February 2005 to sign an agreement about aid coordination for Zambia.
- Ms. Ségolène ROYAL, Minister of the Environment, Energy and Marine Affairs, paid a first visit to Zambia in August 2015 and paid a courtesy call to President Edgar LUNGU.
- President Edgar LUNGU travelled to Paris in February 2016 for the first bilateral visit of a Zambian President since 1983.
- Deputy Minister for Agriculture Mr. Maxas Bweupe Ng’onga travelled to Paris to visit the Annual Agricultural show in February 2016.
- Ms. Ségolène ROYAL, Minister of the Environment, Energy and Marine Affairs, paid a second visit to Zambia in May 2016 for the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank, and paid a second courtesy visit to President Edgar LUNGU.
Zambian President Edgar LUNGU with French President François HOLLANDE in February 2016.
Late Zambian President Levy MWANAWASA with President Jacques CHIRAC in February 2002.