The French Ambassador
M. Sylvain BERGER
Ambassador of France to Zambia,
Special Representative to COMESA
M. Sylvain Berger, Counsellor of Foreign Affairs, was nominated French Ambassador to the Republic of Zambia on 4 September, 2017.
Born on 15 July, 1962, M. Sylvain Berger owns a Bachelor of Law and graduated from the Paris Institute of Political Studies (1980-1985). He attended the National School of Administration (1993-1995) and was an Auditor to the Diplomatic Institute in Paris (April-June 2005).
He was named Knight of the National Order of Merit in 2011 and Knight of the Order of Academic Palms in 2014.
- French Ambassador to Zambia and Special Representative to COMESA, September 2017.
- Ministry of Economic and Financial Affairs, Head of the Regional Economic Service of the French Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, 2014-2017.
- Consul General of France, Brussels, Belgium, 2011-2014.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Inspector of Foreign Affairs, Paris, 2008-2011.
- Political Counsellor to the Permanent Representation of France to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in Brussels, Belgium, 2004-2008.
- Deputy Chief of Mission, French Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark, 2001-2004
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Adviser to the Deputy Secretary-General, Paris, 1999-2001.
- Second then first secretary to the French Embassy, Warsaw, Poland, 1995-1999.
- Second then first secretary to the French Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1989-1991
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Economic and Financial Affairs Directorate, Paris, 1986-1988.